Monday, December 14, 2009

Homework #60: Reading Response

I started a new book called "Greek Myths" by Olivia Coolidge. It has a whole bunch of stories about Greek gods and myths they wanted to retell the stories of how those Greek gods lived in their world. In each chapter there are new stories to tell.
I like a character named Hermes, the god of thieves and messengers. I like him because he gets into silly trouble. An example is when he got out of his cradle and went out of the cave. He found a tortoise to play with. He made a harp out of the shell and 7 strings of sheep guts. He played it beautifully. When he got tired of playing the harp, he put it in his cradle and went to get into some real trouble. He found the cattle of the sun. He separated 50 of them and took them away. He went down where it was hard to follow his footprints.

1 comment:

TheOfficialFrenchie said...

I'm reading that too! =D I really like it!